So, my blogging pal over at DorkyMum tagged me to compile this meme…
The 11 Things Meme
The rules are as follows:
1. You must post these rules
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
3. Answer 11 questions the ‘tagger’ listed for you
4. Create 11 new questions, and tag 11 people to answer them
5. Let each blogger know you’ve tagged them
So here are 11 things about me…
- I spend an inordinate amount of time watching ‘crappy crime shows’
- I like alliteration
- Bananas and avocadoes make me sick, literally
- I’ve lost more friends than I’ve kept
- I have two under-graduate degrees and won’t be going back, thanks anyway
- I had a sister for 6 days, she was called Nicola
- One of my cats is overweight, and may have developed asthma
- I have a crush on Ne-Yo
- Revolutionary Road changed my life (the book, not the film – I haven’t seen the film)
- If reading was a sport, I’d be a champion
- Time travel and synchronised dancing enthrall me
Here are the eleven questions I was asked to answer.
1. What are you most proud of?
2. Who was your favourite teacher at school and why?
Mr Davis, my French teacher, because he seemed to be at least as smart as I was
3. Which household chore do you most dislike?
Cleaning the shower takes me longest to get around to, but generally I do like a clean hoose…
4. What is your favourite season?
Spring, closely followed by Autumn
5. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
‘Crappy crime shows’ and trashy crime novels, and sleeping
6. What’s the first website you look at when you turn your computer on?
Sadly, usually my work e-mail… or the site that was active when I shut the laptop (which is sometimes a surprise in the morning)
7. If you were going to audition for Britain’s Got Talent, what would you do?
8. Who is your favourite artist?
9. Fancy dress parties: love them or hate them?
Hated, until I worked out the Gster and I could both go as Detective Mittens
10. What is the best holiday you’ve ever had?
New Orleans, always and forever. And the first visit will always be special.
11. If you had me round for dinner, what would you cook?
This makes me feel guilty for not having had you round! Meals for guests tend to be roasts or a fab chicken and chorizo dish we love. Whatever it was, I would have tried it out first, and then there would be cake, because baking is my forte.
So now I’m supposed to ask 11 questions of 11 people… but I lack assertiveness, and don’t really know 11 bloggers, except the excellent and awesome Burlesque Press. So I suppose I would just steal the 11 questions above and throw the meme over to Burlesque Press…